It is true that movies can inspire people to do things, both good and bad. One such beautiful thing that people took inspiration from the movies is Karva Chauth. Married women do pooja and fast on Karva Chauth wishing good health, long life and well being of husband.
Karva Chauth is mostly celebrated in many north Indian states but as the Bollywood films started showing heroines doing Karva Chauth for their heroes, many young women started following it passionately. This is a good sign for the Indian culture and the family relations.
The trend of KarvaChauth soon spread to other states and religions and more women do this ritual with dedication and love for their husbands. Here are top bollywood movies that inspired young women to do Karva Chauth for their husbands and lovers.
1.Salman Khan and Madhuri Dixit starring bollywood blockbuster Hum Aapke Hain Kaun Karvachauth scene is the major attraction of the movie that promotes the joint family culture and women love for their husband.
2. DDLJ- Everyone loves the movie Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. In this super hit bollywood film Kajol observes Karva Chauth fasting for her lover Shahrukh Khan which is highlight of the movie and loveable scene. The background song Ghar Aaja Pardesi is an apt song for this festival.
3. The extravagant film Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham Starring is a complete family show observing this ritual. This is truly inspiring for everyone in the family.
4. The highlight of the movie Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam is the Karva chauth scene between Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai. It shows how much they love each other and the prominence of fasting for the loved one.
5. Ishq Vishq movie starring Shahid Kapoor and Amrita Rao beautifully showcases the lovers feelings in the Karva Chauth fasting scene.
6. You gotta see this popular Karva Chauth song from the movie Bahu Beti (1964) which is truly amazing and inspires even modern young women to do fasting and pooja on this beautiful day.
There are many more Bollywood films that involve heartwarming Karva Chauth scenes. These all show us how women are committed for well being of their husbands. Today it is celebrated by significant amount of population in all the states of India.