The State Bank Of India’s online banking app SBI Yono is padded with a new feature to enhance the security and prevent fraud. India’s biggest bank SBI has requested its users to update the Yono Lite App with the new version 5.3.48 and complete one time registration process with the registered mobile number.
The new feature rolled out by SBI will verify the mobile phone SIM on the device and makes sure that only one user log into the device that who carry the registered phone number.
How to update Yono Lite app for Android
- Go to Google Playstore and search for Yono Lite app.
- Select Update / Download option whatever is visible to you.
- Select SIM 1 or SIM 2 on the app whichever is registered with the bank. If you are using single SIM you will have only SIM1.
- After SIM selection the app will ask permission to send a message from the phone to a predefined number. You accept it and message will be sent and the phone number will be validated. Make sure that you have SMS balance. Do not worry if something goes wrong, you will get instructions to rectify.
- After successful verification you will be redirected to Yono Lite app registration page. Enter user id and password and hit enter.
- You will receive a OTP to your phone number which you are required to enter in the app.
- Once your enter code, the activation process is complete.
- You can now use the SBI Yono Lite app.
The iOS users can download the app from the AppStore